Richard Childress Racing made an official announced on Tuesday that two-time Cup champion Kyle Busch will drive the No. 8 Chevrolet for the organization in the 2023 NASCAR Cup Series.
Busch move to RCR will bring an end to the his 15 years long-running partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing.
“RCR has an impressive history in NASCAR and I’m honored that Richard is putting his trust in me to come in and continue to build on that legacy,” Busch said in a press release.
“Growing up in a family of passionate racers myself, I feel like the culture that the Childress family has built within their organization will be an ideal fit for me.
As I begin the next chapter of my career, I’m looking forward to driving for RCR and working with everyone there to add more wins and championships to both of our resumes.”
About an hour before the announcement team owner Richard Childress savagely told Tyler Reddick that he will not be driving the 8 car next season, however Kyle Busch will.
Tyler Reddick is still under contact for next season with RCR and will remain with the team in another chartered entry.
Car owner Richard Childress said he met with Tyler Reddick about an hour ago to tell him he would not be driving the No. 8 car next year.
Kyle Busch will be in the 8 next year. – Dustin Long
— Michelle K McDowell (@MichelleKMcDow2) September 13, 2022
The 37-year-old, will drive the No. 8 Chevy starting 2023, according to the press release, and it’s a multi-year deal.
Tyler Reddick, who currently drives the No. 8, remains under contract to RCR and will drive for the team next year. Reddick had previously declared openly that he will drive for 23XI Racing in 2024.