Kyle Busch has decided to shut down the Kyle Busch Motorsports super late model team, for now, he confirmed on Monday.
However, Kyle Busch Motorsports will be taking part in the upcoming NASCAR Truck Series, with John Hunter Nemechek taking charge of the No. 4 Toyota and Chandler Smith behind the No. 18 Toyota.
In addition to that, Busch will be taking part in the allowed five races in the Truck Series.
Speaking about the shutting down of the team. Busch said:
“It’s insane, literally. I think it was last week that there was so much stuff going on and flying around. Everyone thinks the offseason is your off time and it’s just been hectic. I’ve been trying to do Kyle Busch Motorsports stuff and Rowdy Energy stuff and been getting reading with an all-new Joe Gibbs Racing team. It’s been crazy.
“I told Samantha, ‘I can’t have anything else thrown my way right now. I am to the max. I have to start throwing some stuff out.’ Lo and behold, unfortunately I shut my super late model team down. That was just one of the things that I couldn’t seem to find the right circumstances and right people to run that thing for me. It just didn’t make sense right now anymore. We’ll see if it makes sense in the future. Those are the kind of things you have to sacrifice and put aside.”
Sammy Smith, who competed for the team in select events last year will join Donnie Wilson Motorsports for the 2021 season.
As for Busch, he is looking to take his Truck race tally to 100 wins and have a better Cup Series season than 2020, where he was eliminated from the Round of 12.