New Hampshire Motor Speedway is set to host around 19,000 fans on August 2, for which it has released COVID-19 safety precautions.
In doing so, the track will become the 4th race to host fans after the season resumed in May amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are all the precautions related to a number of things, according to the official statement from the track.
- All ticketing, from purchase to scanning, will be conducted digitally to eliminate contact points
- Seating is assigned at the time of purchase to ensure adequate social distancing
- No will-call or in-person ticket pickup will be available (all ticketing will be conducted digitally)
- Guest Services personnel will be available to help answer questions and provide guidance
- Golf cart shuttles will be reserved for guests with limited mobility
- Free parking will be available in the S1, S2, S3 and S9 lots on race day
- Guests are required to put on masks or other appropriate face coverings, which cover the nose and mouth, once they enter the property
- Face coverings, which cover the nose and mouth, are required in common areas such as gate entries, restrooms, concessions, souvenir stands, elevators, concourses and suite-level hallways
- Masks may be removed once guests are socially distanced in their assigned grandstand seats
- If a guest purchases a ticket and then becomes ill, a refund will be issued
- All fans, NHMS personnel and NASCAR team members will be temperature screened on event day. NHMS and NASCAR team personnel will wear masks at all times and gloves, as needed
- Whether on grounds or off, NHMS encourages all residents and guests to observe the practices of social distancing, frequent hand washing, wearing a face covering in all public spaces and using hand sanitizer
- Guests are asked to socially distance at all times while on grounds (floor markings at concourse, concession and souvenir stands and directional traffic flow signage will be provided)
- NHMS’s Ticket Office will stagger seating throughout the stands to provide for a minimum of six feet of distance between groups
Suites will operate at a reduced capacity, in line with guidance from health officials
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the grounds
- Prior to gates opening and throughout the event, NHMS will follow enhanced cleaning procedures, especially in high-touch surface areas such as handrails and bathrooms
Concessions and Souvenirs
- All purchases from food and souvenir stands will be electronic transactions (debit and credit cards only, no cash or checks)
Only clear, soft-sided bags 14”x14”x14” and smaller will be allowed in
- No coolers or glass containers permitted